Holiday traditions are important for families and children. There are several ways to enjoy holiday traditions and protect your health. Best way to minimize COVID-19 risk and keep your family and friends safer is to get vaccinated if you’re eligible.
How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Stay 1.5 meters from others who don’t live with you.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Test when you are unwell to prevent spread to others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
Checklist for safe and healthy Christmas and New Year,
- Do you have enough scripts and medications to get you through the public holidays?
- Christmas can be stressful or lonely. The Mental Health Line can offer support: 1800 011 511
- If you have a health concern but your GP is closed, you can call Health Direct for trustworthy health advice: 1800 022 222
- Avoid hurting yourself or others, drink safely this Christmas. Visit https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/managing-your-alcohol-intake for information on managing your alcohol intake
- Using Dr Google? These tips will help you understand if you are reading reliable information:
- Is it clear who wrote the material? e.g. is the author a government organisations or qualified health professional?
- Is the site trying to sell a product or is sponsored by a product? Information may be biased
- Is the information current? When was it last reviewed?
- Is the site Australian? Information from other countries may not be relevant here
May the magic of the Christmas season fill your home with joy and peace. Sending lots of love to your family, and looking forward to the day we can see you again. Take care of yourselves and stay safe.
Please refer to the below links for more details: